This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC-PE5 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, January 23, 2017 · 6 Replies · 98 Views

Josh Shaw

I had actually mastered these back before the RC progressions got rearranged, but to be honest, I was still in the stage where I wanted to rush through everything.  While I completed the mastery reps, I don't think my form was very good, never posted any videos, just said "eh probably good enough" and moved on.  Now that I've matured, I'm making sure I do things the right way.  Still a few steps left to go, but these are definitely better than my previous run through. 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

You are doing a pretty nice job. On your PE, make sure that you do not drop your butt towards the ground as you bend your hips. Your iM looks good.

Josh Shaw
42 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Josh,

You are doing a pretty nice job. On your PE, make sure that you do not drop your butt towards the ground as you bend your hips. Your iM looks good.

I have a question on that.  I always thought that you wanted to keep your hips at the same height, which is how it's shown in the original video.  When you watch the technique tips video, it seems a little different.  Wesley stresses the importance of finishing with your elbows in line with your shoulders rather than being angled down.  In order to reach that position, my hips have to drop a little.  Should I worry more about keeping my hips from dropping vs the angle of my elbows?

Jeffrey Bittner

@Josh Shaw Try adjusting the height of your rings slightly so that you can get the proper hip and elbow angles.

Josh Shaw

@Jeffrey Bittner I'll play around with the height, thanks.

Josh Shaw

I raised the rings up a little bit.  I think these look much better. 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Josh,

It's looking better. Nice adjustment!

Remember to hit PPT at the bottom of each rep.