This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Breathing

Started by Daniel Luketic, January 23, 2017 · 5 Replies · 134 Views

Daniel Luketic

Hey Guys,

 

I've just started the Foundation Course and am wondering I should be breathing during isometric (i.e HBH) and eccentric/concentric exercises (length of time of inhale/exhale etc.)

Thanks,

 

Daniel. :)

Jon Douglas

You will need to learn to breathe shallow, so as to maintain tension through your abdomen.

Don't hold your breath for multiple 60s sets! :D

 

Alessandro Mainente

the diaphram is made up for 2 things:

1-stabilize the core section

2-maximize the gas exchange and promoting the best fuel for oxygen-related reactions

The fact that people cannot breathe in the belly it is a fact and a sub-optimal situation. learning how to use the muscles it is a good way to improve the exercises strongly related to breathe function like for example handstand.

Chris Harvey
3 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

You will need to learn to breathe shallow, so as to maintain tension through your abdomen.

Don't hold your breath for multiple 60s sets! :D

 

Can you please elaborate on breath shallow? Because I thought we should breath deep in all scenario.

When I do hollow body hold. My abdomen are tight, but I still try to breath deeper and the same time not to lose tension, is that good?

Everett Carroll

What Jon means is to avoid taking long, slow, deep breaths. This will allow you to keep a tight core. Taking smaller breaths that don't go as deep into your lungs will help you to maintain abdominal tension. 

Jon Douglas

Everett has summed it up nicely.