This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2>iM Static Standing Shoulder Extension - best supplemental work for this?

Started by Edward Henigin, January 22, 2017 · 4 Replies · 203 Views

Edward Henigin

Hi,

I'm at step 9 on HS PE2, the 60 second headstands are pretty easy for me.

I'm making slow progress on the iM, the static standing shoulder extension.

I'd like to know, what are the best stretches or exercises I can add in order to help my progress on PE2>iM? (I won't mix them in to the workout, I'd use them after or on other days.)

Thank you

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Edward Henigin,

The best supplemental exercise for that is the Thoracic Bridge Series. Everything in TBS will help you get a better shoulder extension.

Bogdan Banculescu

I can tell you what I do when I am not at home and I have no access to a bar. I lay down on the floor with my forehead close to a wall and start going up on the wall with my hands until the hands are as high as I can. The head is hanging and the shoulders are pressed down by the weight of your body. Try to keep your buttocks relaxed and breathe. I started spending 6-7 seconds, and now I can stay more than 1 min. I guess it is a little bit more aggresive than other exercises (soon I will emerge in the Thoracic Bridge Series, so I do not know if it is also enclosed there, somewhere). You can also use resistance bands or rings, like in this pic. Hope it helps! :)

maxresdefault.jpg

Alessandro Mainente
9 minutes ago, Bogdan Banculescu said:

I can tell you what I do when I am not at home and I have no access to a bar. I lay down on the floor with my forehead close to a wall and start going up on the wall with my hands until the hands are as high as I can. The head is hanging and the shoulders are pressed down by the weight of your body. Try to keep your buttocks relaxed and breathe. I started spending 6-7 seconds, and now I can stay more than 1 min. I guess it is a little bit more aggresive than other exercises (soon I will emerge in the Thoracic Bridge Series, so I do not know if it is also enclosed there, somewhere). You can also use resistance bands or rings, like in this pic. Hope it helps! :)

maxresdefault.jpg

this exercise:

-it is not suitable for beginner and it can result in shoulder impingement and other shoulders problem

-it has nothing to do with the IM2.

Bogdan Banculescu
25 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

this exercise:

-it is not suitable for beginner and it can result in shoulder impingement and other shoulders problem

-it has nothing to do with the IM2.

You are right. Thanks.