This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand challenge narrow grip

Started by Affan Osman, January 22, 2017 · 10 Replies · 110 Views

Affan Osman

This is a video I took trying to do handstand challenge day 19 (narrow grip). Would appreciate any feedback to improve. I am still working on mobility for HS1/PE1, been on step 9 for a while now. 

https://youtu.be/rRA1WnS2srA

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Affan Osman,

 

Your mobility is good. The problem is your alignment and can be fixed through training your core and posterior pelvic tilt. How far are you in your core exercises in your Foundations? If you are just starting, don't worry about because as you progress through your Foundations and Handstands you'll get better.

Affan Osman

Thanks @Leo Trinidad. I am still on PE1 for FL and MN. Been stuck on step 8 for about a month now. For SL I am on PE2. 

I do core once a week and thinking of increasing to twice a week.

Leo Trinidad

Cool @Affan Osman, good idea. Keep working on it :)

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Naffan I highly I recommend the bridge series, there are some shoulder girdle limitations.

Luke Searra

Affan the bridge series would absolutely be great for you.

Affan Osman

@Alessandro Mainente @Luke Searra I have the stretch series but due to "not good enough excuses" I have been slacking. Won't anymore! Thanks! :)

Everett Carroll

Good plan Affan. You can do it!

Alessandro Mainente
1 hour ago, Affan Osman said:

@Alessandro Mainente @Luke Searra I have the stretch series but due to "not good enough excuses" I have been slacking. Won't anymore! Thanks! :)

please spend some time ( i suggest 5-10  minutes) on elevated and reverse cat stretch every single days. my brother improved dramatically his shoulder mobility with this exercise from TB series. I suggest the elevated cat to be done one arm at time for a couple of set, then 2 arms variation then reverse cat stretch.

Affan Osman

@Alessandro Mainente thanks for the suggestions. I will do them daily.

Jon Douglas
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

please spend some time ( i suggest 5-10  minutes) on elevated and reverse cat stretch every single days. my brother improved dramatically his shoulder mobility with this exercise from TB series. I suggest the elevated cat to be done one arm at time for a couple of set, then 2 arms variation then reverse cat stretch.

Nice.