Hello, I was wondering how I can tell if I am doing my calf raises through their full range of motion? It's clear to me that I don't have full range of motion and it is tough for me to keep my balance as well. Also are there anythings I should do for this deficit? Would it be terrible to put my hands on something for balance?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Calf Mobility
Started by James Kay, January 21, 2017 · 3 Replies · 141 Views
Hi James,
When preforming the calf raise your legs are locked and there is a light squeeze in the glutes to keep you stable. When you lift up on the toes 80% of the pressure should be on the big toe side. Putting your hands on something is a great way to get into position and find the balance point.
Definitely post a video for us to see where you are at currently with your calf raises.
Hi James,
If you like post a video to have your form and range of motion checked. If you do have any defecits they take time to resolve themselves. Working on the front split series is a great way to address these.
Will do I have a tripod on the way for my phone (I work out alone in my basement)