This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Duration of exercises - Days 1-3

Started by Damian Fisher, January 21, 2017 · 2 Replies · 102 Views

Damian Fisher

Apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find the topic.

I'm doing the fundamental course and I'm now on day 3. Coach Sommer says there isn't any rep or set scheme to begin with, but I'm a little lost on how we do the "work outs"/mobility drills (for example the ape, the crab, pronate and supinate exercises). Do we do them once to see if we can perform the exercise and to simply identify mobility issues, do we do them everyday with a view to get progression. If so how long should i spend in these poses to get the most out of the program.

Some guidance on initial programming would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Pauline Taube

Hi Damian,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the GymnasticBodies community!

For Fundamentals you are only required to do the follow along portion of the lesson each day. If you wish, you can add the following:

-Short review and practice of previous lessons that you had trouble with.
-Short 5-10 minute addition practice of the current lesson.

Fundamentals is meant to be a step back from high intensity training so we recommend keeping the volume overall low.

Please let us know if you have any more questions :)

Damian Fisher

Wonderful, thanks for taking the time to reply, great response