This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 1 crab and ape

Started by Matt Carrasco, January 21, 2017 · 25 Replies · 355 Views

Matt Carrasco

I just started fundamentals day 1 crab and ape. I'm in decent shape but their are week movement areas for sure. How much time would be best to put into fundmantels? Anyone know?

Darin Phoenix

Hi Matt, 

Fundamentals is designed as a follow along series that will highlight any areas of weakness that you may have. All you need to do is follow the outlined workout for the day. If you feel like you have the energy at the end of the workout you are welcome to review the previous lessons. Enjoy your time in Fundamentals.  

Have fun exploring your body's capabilities and embrace the basics.

A lot of people will even use fundamentals exercises as a way of warming up for their Foundation training. Think of Fundamental as more of a diagnostic tool that you will always be able to refer back to and check up on your body's progress. 

Welcome to the community and good luck with your training.

Matt Carrasco

Thanks Daryn!

Darin Phoenix

Hi Matt, 

Your welcome glad to have you aboard. Please reach out if you ever need some assistance.

Jeffrey Bittner

Welcome to the GB community Matt!

Winter Phoenix

Hi Matt,

A warm welcome to the GymansticBodies community - look forward to reading your posts!

Leo Trinidad

Welcome @Matt Carrasco, Good luck in training :)

Luke Searra

Welcome Matt!

Tanya Hill

Matt!! Welcome to the GymnasticBodies community. Glad to know you started at the very beginning. We are here for any questions, comments, concerns or fears you may have. ;)

Matt Carrasco

Hey thanks guys and ladies. I started second week I just finished trunk rotations. I am just sticking to what's being taught I stopped going to the gym for now. I feel it's probably wise to get your body to understand what's going on. Before I signed to gymnastic bodies I found and explored some animals on YouTube. But this is kinda different. I'm excited to get to the rings I already bought them. Can I get a recommendation what equipment to get for the next step and what package I should get after fundamentals? Thank you.  That's my calf mobility and where I am at any critiques or advice would be awesome thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Everett Carroll

Welcome Matt!

I suggest you begin Foundation One and the Stretch Courses next. You can do this in the 'Upgrade' section of your courses. Below is a list of equipment for each course:

Fundamentals: None 

To start Foundation One: Floor space, rings, light dumbbell 

Stretch: Yoga Block, Yoga Strap (optional) 
Resistance Band, Way to Elevate Feet (Bridge Only) 

Handstand One and Two: Wall, Dowel with Weight or Weighted Bar (5-10lbs) 

Tumbling One: Wall and Floor Space 

The skills courses (H1, H2, and T1) are also beginner level and can be started immediately but if you are not able to begin all of the courses at this time, go with Foundation One and Stretch for sure. If you need any help upgrading please submit a help support ticket at any time. If you have any other general questions like this, please keep them coming in this thread. 

 

Matt Carrasco
16 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Welcome Matt!

I suggest you begin Foundation One and the Stretch Courses next. You can do this in the 'Upgrade' section of your courses. Below is a list of equipment for each course:

Fundamentals: None 

To start Foundation One: Floor space, rings, light dumbbell 

Stretch: Yoga Block, Yoga Strap (optional) 
Resistance Band, Way to Elevate Feet (Bridge Only) 

Handstand One and Two: Wall, Dowel with Weight or Weighted Bar (5-10lbs) 

Tumbling One: Wall and Floor Space 

The skills courses (H1, H2, and T1) are also beginner level and can be started immediately but if you are not able to begin all of the courses at this time, go with Foundation One and Stretch for sure. If you need any help upgrading please submit a help support ticket at any time. If you have any other general questions like this, please keep them coming in this thread. 

 

What about the stall bars whats your take on those?

 

Everett Carroll

They are not absolutely required for F1 or Stretch but do come in handy for the later half of F1. You have plenty of time before you will need stall bars or a substitute for them. The F1 forum has a ton of information on stall bar substitutions for particular exercises, DIY plans, etc. 

Matt Carrasco
6 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

They are not absolutely required for F1 or Stretch but do come in handy for the later half of F1. You have plenty of time before you will need stall bars or a substitute for them. The F1 forum has a ton of information on stall bar substitutions for particular exercises, DIY plans, etc. 

how much ring height do I need I'm working with almost about 9 feet I was thinking a tree brach down the road.

 

Everett Carroll

9ft is plenty for all of F1 Matt.

Tanya Hill

The Front Splits course will be a big help with your achilles and calf mobility. :) 

Matt Carrasco
2 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

The Front Splits course will be a big help with your achilles and calf mobility. :) 

Thanks Tanya.

 

Tanya Hill

Your welcome Matt. Looking forward to the next achilles photo where your knee is driving past your toes. ;)

 

Matt Carrasco
22 hours ago, Tanya Hill said:

Your welcome Matt. Looking forward to the next achilles photo where your knee is driving past your toes. ;)

 

Hey so I tried the lizard today I only do how much the video says to do. I don't do any outside excersse movement etc  at the moment. I think my body needs to understand all the complicated movements and doing to much is the best. What do you think?

Pauline Taube

Hi Matt,

Good question. You are only required to do the follow along portion of the lesson each day. If you wish, you can add the following: 

-Short review and practice of previous lessons that you had trouble with.
-Short 5-10 minute addition practice of the current lesson.

Fundamentals is meant to be a step back from high intensity training so we recommend keeping the volume overall low :) 

Tanya Hill

Pauline said it best for you Matt. The fundamentals is the base of GST, many athletes will continue with these movements as part of their daily warm up once you get into other courses. 

Keep the questions coming. :)

Winter Phoenix

Hi Matt,

The elevated seiza, from our Stretch Series is great for stretching your achilles tendon. Look forward to seeing  your progress with these.

Matt Carrasco

2 questions . One is I already purchases fundamentals the package to buy is fundamentals again foundation one and stretch series any way around just getting the two since I already got the on. When I lift my left shoulder sometimes it clicks or pops people told me it's nothing i have always wondered what it is. I think I mite have messed it up from not proper training and all the sports I played. Just curious anyways just let me know. I can't afford foundations or stretch yet I have to wait about a month to get both. So I was thinking once I'm done fundamentals I can go back and do it again while pushing one stretch series at a time. What do you think is best so I keep progressing thanks.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Matt,

Great questions. On the 'upgrades' page you will find the link to buy the rest of the popular package. The price shown on this page will subtract the cost of the fundamentals course because you already own it. It will be your new, discounted price.

Popping in the shoulder can be caused from many different things. As long as there is no pain associated with the popping, there is no need to worry. If you feel pain in your shoulder or if the pops are painful, you should consult a medical professional. As long as there is no pain, you are okay to keep training.

Matt Carrasco

I still can't afford that yet I have to wait. To purchase the whole thing . Or I can do it in segments like I can get the front split now and keep to fundamentals. Or just wait till I can purchase the whole thing and keep doing fundamentals . What do you recommend.