This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

First Timer

Started by Matthew Vollmar, January 20, 2017 · 1 Replies · 80 Views

Matthew Vollmar

Hi,

This is really good info.  I just started this week and am fortunate to have parallel bars at home.  However, I have some questions about how to change out some of the other equipment I see in the videos for Foundations 1 like:

  • Horse
  • Something to do Arch Ups, etc on without assistance
  • Wall bars (for the hanging exercises)...I was thinking I might be able to improvise my doorway pull-up bar in some way, but this doesn't work for Pike Pulls once I get there.

Thanks for your help.  I'm already excited about this program as I think it will build great on my previous calisthenics training.

 

Matt

Everett Carroll

Hey Matt,

These are common questions. For arch-ups, you can use a GB Back Strap and Door Hanger Set, a bench/table/box and a partner holding your feet, or a bench/table/box and your feet tucked under something heavy like a dumbbell rack. 

For the sPL>iM's, you don't need a horse. Anything flat like a countertop, box, bench, table, etc., will work just fine as long as it is high enough. 

For hanging leg lift variations, a doorway pull-up bar can work. It is always best to try and block your shoulders from moving backwards. A partner spot or straps behind you can work just fine. 

Get creative and browse the F1 forum for other at-home setups! Let us know if you have any other questions.