This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A bit confused

Started by Bryan Murley, January 17, 2017 · 6 Replies · 148 Views

Bryan Murley

Just bought the foundations 1 course and I'm a bit confused on the programming. I have been doing the stretch courses for approximately 3 weeks now and they are very simple to follow along. In the foundations course for the core workout (1st day), there are 3 separate follow along videos. I was only expecting one. I'm assuming you just complete all of these videos back to back?

Bryan Murley

One other thing.... Is there a way to see what the final workouts for foundations 1 look like? I'm curious to see what the final goals are of the course...

Luke Searra

Yes of course you can see the final 7 movements and goals for Foundations programming by searching the Gymnasticbodies Youtube channel.

Adam Turner

The 'core' videos take you through your workouts for Front Lever, Side Lever and Manna. The 'Upper body' takes you through Straddle Planche, Hollow Back Press and Rope Climb. 'Lower body' is Single Leg Squat.

It's three videos back to back because you will progress each element at different rates. It means each workout is tailored to your progress.

So yes, back to back.

Adam Turner

Just for my own curiosity, and baring in mind my maths is probably wrong, I worked out that the team would have to record 24,804 videos to cover each permutation of pe's and steps for just the 3 movements in the 'core' workout. Which is why there are 3 separate videos.

They still had to do 162 though! or 369 for all of them! Thats some effort!

PAUL DALY
51 minutes ago, Adam Turner said:

Just for my own curiosity, and baring in mind my maths is probably wrong, I worked out that the team would have to record 24,804 videos to cover each permutation of pe's and steps for just the 3 movements in the 'core' workout. Which is why there are 3 separate videos.

They still had to do 162 though! or 369 for all of them! Thats some effort!

every time I watch one of the follow alongs I think the same thing! Occasionally they take a bit of a deep breath, but the rest of the time they don't look the slightest fatigued! amazing. 

 

Tanya Hill
17 hours ago, Bryan Murley said:

Just bought the foundations 1 course and I'm a bit confused on the programming. I have been doing the stretch courses for approximately 3 weeks now and they are very simple to follow along. In the foundations course for the core workout (1st day), there are 3 separate follow along videos. I was only expecting one. I'm assuming you just complete all of these videos back to back?

Hi Bryan, 

Great question! As you are correct, you will do all three exercises for the core. Going off the seven GST strength elements, three of them fall under Core Work. 

Try to complete all videos back to back, if you need a bit of a break in-between try not to take longer then a 2 minute rest. 

Best Wishes, Tanya