This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE3 forearm headstand

Started by Kamil Lowczynski, January 17, 2017 · 6 Replies · 240 Views

Kamil Lowczynski

because of my poor shoulder mobility I was on PE2 for the longest time and it became so effortless I was bored.

I moved on to PE3 and I can't do it. I bounce to hard and go over and I'm not able to make a controlled lift like I can in PE2.

It's either some sort of mobility issue or I'm just scared of falling :) . Is there an easy way to get in to that position?

I'm sure that if i figure out the balance point it won't be a problem but I just can't get in to the position.

Closest I got was to boucne against the wall but i ended up doing a handstand with my forearms in the air ...

Andrew Long

Try control your legs up rather than bounce.  You could use a ladder or step/chair to move your feet up more easily.  also keep the weight on the forearms/elbows  I found it was easier to control getting up if I did that.

Also maybe posting a video of your pe2 might help.  someone will ask for it eventually on here im sure.

Pauline Taube

Good advice from Andrew. Please submit a formcheck of PE2 and PE3 :) 

Chad Moffitt

I'm still a beginner on this too, I found it really helpful when I started doing it against a wall (back to the wall), this allowed me to do the first progression without fear, now I find it easy to to free standing, without the wall.

Kamil Lowczynski

it feels little weird for me to do a form check vids:) i guess I'm a weirdo.

I'll try to rely a lot more on my forearms and do a controlled lift ilke in PE2 if that fails i'll do the form check vid 

thank you for all answers

 

Suzanna McGee
7 hours ago, Kamil Lowczynski said:

 

it feels little weird for me to do a form check vids:) i guess I'm a weirdo.

Weirdo or not, I would highly recommend the form checks. You may get into the position smoothly and feel pretty comfortable, but your body still can be completely unaligned according to the GST standards. And then you repeat something "wrong" for long time and then you will have to go back and unlearn and relearn. It's better to get your form checked before you start working on it extensively. :-) BTW, I like to watch weirdos… ha ha

Julia Quigley

Just a reminder that you can submit a forum check video to tee coaches privately through your student portal (as opposed to posting a video the whole forum can look at). Maybe that would be more comfortable for you!