This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

A little confused (just starting out)

Started by Dustin Biren, January 17, 2017 · 10 Replies · 258 Views

Dustin Biren

Hi, I just bought the package that comes with Fundamentals and Foundation One, the $270 package.  Today my scheduled workout was core, which i did in no more than 12 minutes.  Tomorrow my only workout is middle split, which is only one stretch as my only workout for the entire day.

At the same time, I see that lesson 1 of fundamentals is already available.

My question is, am I meant to be doing fundamentals only?  Or am I meant to stick to the workouts planned for me each day, and some days in the beginning will be nothing but one stretch?  Just wanted to make sure I'm doing this right.

Darin Phoenix

Hi Dustin,

Really good question. Fundamentals is where you should be starting. You are only required to do the follow along portion of the lesson each day. If you wish, you can add the following:

-Short review and practice of previous lessons that you had trouble with.
-Short 5-10 minute addition practice of the current lesson.

Fundamentals is meant to be a step back from high intensity training so we recommend keeping the volume overall low. Fundamentals will help you to find areas in your body where you are the tightest and need the most improvement. Once you have targeted your individual imbalances, we will help you to begin fixing them right away with proven exercises. Once you have completed fundamentals we then recommend to move onto start your Foundation training.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

Dustin Biren

Ok great, just wanted to make sure I'm doing it right. 

Dustin Biren
4 hours ago, Darin Phoenix said:

Hi Dustin,

Really good question. Fundamentals is where you should be starting. You are only required to do the follow along portion of the lesson each day. If you wish, you can add the following:

-Short review and practice of previous lessons that you had trouble with.
-Short 5-10 minute addition practice of the current lesson.

Fundamentals is meant to be a step back from high intensity training so we recommend keeping the volume overall low. Fundamentals will help you to find areas in your body where you are the tightest and need the most improvement. Once you have targeted your individual imbalances, we will help you to begin fixing them right away with proven exercises. Once you have completed fundamentals we then recommend to move onto start your Foundation training.

Let us know if you need any further clarification.

HI, I have another question.  The workout plan provided to me in the scheduler includes multiple workouts i did not buy (middle split, front split, handstand ect.), they only come with a sample video and no ability to rate how I did in these workouts, and many of the videos don't even seem complete enough to follow.  Am I missing something here?  Is this what I'm meant to be doing, because the videos are too incomplete to even follow.

Tomorrow the scheduler scheduled Middle Split for me, but its only a sample video of a movement I'm not yet capable of doing, with none of the additional coaching videos i would undoubtedly need in order to do the movement correctly.  Later in the week handstand is scheduled for me, and the sample video is 8 seconds long and just cuts to the extremely difficult position being completed.  My strong suspicion is that these are just sample videos meant to entice me to purchase the other workouts, but why are they in my provided schedule then?  Should I ignore the provided schedule and just focus on the videos I've purchased?  Please clarify.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Dustin yes, what it is showed it is a simple preview, you need to focus in the purchased courses.

Will Kriski

Yeah those are just samples since you haven't purchased them. I ended up getting the handstand, thoracic and middle/front split programs as well so there's something to do 6 days of the week, and I'm interested in those as well.

Darin Phoenix

Hi Dustin, 

I just wanted to check in and make sure that everything is clear now. I can see that it was explained that the courses are just a sample. Please let me know if I can help out in any other way.

Michael Vetter

I wondered if one is supposed to do the workout only on that single day for one time, or if one is free to do it twice a day. Like in the morning and afternoon if one finds time on some days. Also: Can one select all the workouts (core, lower body, upper body...) on every day? Will it then select different exercises?

 

As a last question:

If I look at the course content of foundation one there is: front lever, straddle planche and so on.

As I read each of those is broken down in different progressions. Once one masters the easiest one goes up the latter. Does this mean the final exercise will be the front lever? Or does it mean it gives the requirements to do the front lever.

 

Thanks :)

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Michael Vetter, 

The best training schedule for people beginning the Foundations is Coach's Recoomendation (can be found when you click 'set my schedule') 

You may opt to do your Foundations however and how many times you wish so but if you are just starting then it is not advisable. (No it will not select different exercises)

Yes the final exercise will be Front lever, Straddle planche, Hollowback press, Rope climb, Side lever, Manna, Single leg squat :)

Matic Balantic

The final exercise of Foundation 4 ;):P 

Michael Vetter

@Leo Trinidad thanks for your reply and @Matic Balantic thanks for the clarification :)