This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic Bridge conditioning?

Started by P.J. DePalma, January 17, 2017 · 4 Replies · 164 Views

P.J. DePalma

All,

I am restarting Gymnastic Bodies under the new program (took an extended break from when I first signed up) and just did the Thoracic Bridge Workout.  First part went fine, but struggled to get through the handstand shoulder flex and downright couldn't even do the elevated bridge, bridge pushups, and everything related.  I am completely lacking in the shoulder strength and flexibility to accomplish those exercises.  I've done a little poking around, but I'm not finding anything.  Is there a part of the F1 program that addresses this weak area so I can get up to speed and complete the whole series in the video?  Still working to understand the new program setup - any and all help is greatly appreciated.  I am liking the new setup, though.  Much easier for my simple mind to understand and work through!

Thanks in advance,

P.J.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

All of the mobility work for Front lever is for developing the full thoracic bridge(aka: gymnastic bridge).

Darin Phoenix

Hi P.J

Welcome back to GymnasticBodies there have been a lot of changes since you were last here. We are constantly trying to improve our customers experiences and the results they receive. If you are really lacking in shoulder strength and flexibility Fundamentals could also be a good place to start. Fundamentals will help you to find areas in your body where you are the tightest and need the most improvement. . Once you have targeted your individual imbalances, we will help you to begin fixing them right away with proven exercises.Its a step by step process that is in a simple follow along format. You could also continue to do the parts of the Bridge series that you are capable of and skip the areas that are too difficult at this stage. When it comes to flexibility and mobility patience will be your greatest ally. Stick with it and feel free to use the forums to ask for assistance.

Suzanna McGee
2 hours ago, P.J. DePalma said:

First part went fine, but struggled to get through the handstand shoulder flex and downright couldn't even do the elevated bridge, bridge pushups, and everything related.  I am completely lacking in the shoulder strength and flexibility to accomplish those exercises

That's how I started too… You can do the modified version of the elevated bridges, push-ups, hip-taps etc, which is the standing version, described where the exercise videos are in the library… 

Julia Quigley

Have you read up on the thoracic bridge forum? Lots of people have posted their struggles with the course and received excellent feedback and modifications from the coaches.