This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS-PE1 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, January 16, 2017 · 4 Replies · 42 Views

Josh Shaw

When the new updates came through, I was either just finishing up SLS/PE8 or just starting SLS/SE1. At first I just thought it would be a waste of time to go back and at the very least test mastery on all the new progressions added before Deck Squats.  As I've had more time to think about it, I've had a change of heart.  I figure at the very least, all of the earlier integrated mobility elements will help open up my hips and improve my straddle position for later progressions on other areas of Foundation.  My plan is to spend a week (2 workouts) on step 9 of each progression, assuming mastery is demonstrated, and obviously longer if more work is needed.  So here goes...

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Josh,

Glad you changed your mind!

For the PE:

-Try to find something slightly lower to assist with. This will help you remain more upright with your torso. Also be sure to look forward. 

For the iM:

-Be sure your body is in a straight line. It looked like you were a little piked at the hips. ROM is great though. 

Josh Shaw

Everett, thanks for the feedback.  I'll make these changes and post up another video later this week. 

Josh Shaw

I did these again yesterday.  Use a lower section of the railing for support.  I'm annoyed that my camera angle was off a bit, but I kept my torso more upright and was looking forward instead of down.  On the iM, I really paid attention to my body line as I was setting up.  I actually tweaked my schedule a bit, so I'm going to get one more round of these in over the weekend.  I'll be hitting each progression three times instead of two since the work load is relatively easy and recovery won't be an issue. 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Looks great Josh. Nice job!