This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front Lever training hand position

Started by Paul Del Casino, January 16, 2017 · 5 Replies · 145 Views

Paul Del Casino

Can I train front lever effectively with a regular (freestanding) pull-up bar (i.e. palms facing down)? I've been working on it that way for a couple years now probably and I've been stuck in the early SE exercises for months and months. I've regressed my training way back to SE1 (from SE5) because I wasn't making any progress at all and in fact it seemed to be getting harder. I'm clearly missing something and in the videos he's using parallel bars, which I don't have. 

I do have rings as well, but they seem like they'd be harder. 

Thanks.

Everett Carroll

Hey Paul,

Good question. A standard pull-up bar is just fine and shouldn't be the source of any major roadblocks. You may need to look back at the very basics to find the reason for the delay. Please take advantage of the form check/video review service. 

Paul Del Casino

Can you refer me to instructions for uploading a video? All the accepted file types are pictures. 

Everett Carroll

Sure thing. From my.gymnasticbodies.com, click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar. Then click 'Workout Settings'. You will now see a menu bar on the right side. In that menu, select 'Video Review'. Now provide the YouTube or DropBox link directly in the message text.

Alternatively, you can paste in a YouTube or DropBox link to a Form Check submission in this forum. 

Hope this helps! Looking forward to seeing the video. 

Paul Del Casino

Thanks. Submitted.

Oussama KHELLADI

i also had the had the same question in mind am training in regular pullup bar hand position , for you progression i decreased the intecity by training the straddle FL pulls pe16 and then move to full FL pulls