This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sl pe4 arch up

Started by Leigh Kettle, January 16, 2017 · 7 Replies · 112 Views

Leigh Kettle

Is it acceptable to perfume the arch up between a set of parallel bars . As I train at home (I have an outdoor bar set up) Doing this my Lower legs are the anchoring points. It genuinely is the only place I seem to be Able to get close to performing the movement with enough rom

many thanks 

Leigh 

Andrew Long

so hips resting on top of one bar and the legs/feet hooked under the other?  I don't see it to be a problem at all except perhaps a bit painful.  definitely pad it well.

Tanya Hill

Definitely post a video of your creative setup, Leigh! 

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys will do. Yes I definitely have to pad the bar (I use my yoga mat lol) noticed earlier when doing them in actually anchored more towards just underneath my knee . 

Also as I arch up I struggle to keep my fingers  interlocked behind my head as my elbows want to come in. Is this an issue in terms of master requirements ?

many thanks once again 

 

leigh 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh,

Looks like an awesome setup to me! Do your best to keep your elbows pulled back behind your ears. It will help you arch more through your thoracic and cervical regions. Your ROM will improve over the training blocks so keep it up!

Leigh Kettle

thanks Everett. I know it's not on the form check forum but Can I ask is the form here ok ??

 

Everett Carroll

No worries Leigh. Other than increasing ROM and keeping your elbows pulled back, you are all good. Your execution is good.