This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL-PE1 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, January 16, 2017 · 6 Replies · 95 Views

Josh Shaw

I had go eat through all the steps on this and moved on to PE2, but I don't think I ever submitted a Form Check, or even took a video for my own review.  Since I've been stuck on PE2 for quite some time, I decided to drop back to PE1 and make sure I'm solid before moving back on to PE2.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

 

 

Andrew Long

looks a bit shakey (fidgety) the whole way through also you may notice as the time goes on your feet slowly rise throughout the video and your torso slowly sinks.  need to hold the same position the whole way through.  also I would say the feet should be closer to the floor to begin with.  in saying that the torso seemed nice and hollow to start with just lost that position and flattened out a bit as time went on.  maybe reduce the time and really focus on keeping the position rock solid. I found once I had truely mastered fl pe1 and pe2 the next several exercises became considerably easier.

Tanya Hill

Josh! 

Your doing a great job and so close to mastery. My pointers for you are as followed. In the tuck hollow, the whole body is engaged and working. Your legs should get tired from squeezing everything! 

Body scan

- Toes pointed hard and closer to the floor 

- Knees and inner thighs are squeezing together, which will engage the glutes. 

- Belly pulled into spine 

- Long neck, look up at the ceiling instead of at your knees. 

Cat / Cow 

- Looking good here. When you curl the spine you do great at tucking the chin but also squeeze your glutes and keep your feet flat on the ground! 

Looking forward to your next video. ;)

 

 

Andrew Long

on another thread recently i'm sure one of the forum coaches said the opposite of look up at the ceiling and instructed the person to tuck their chin.  tucking your chin and looking up at the ceiling seems contradictory. which is it?

Alessandro Mainente

head it is neutral, we do not need to move the head down since it involves the neck flexor, nothing to do with core itself.

Josh Shaw

How does it look now, aside from fidgeting with my watch haha?

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Nice improvement on this one! Your feet are still a bit high. Keep working on lowering them until they are hovering just off the ground. Also great improvement on your iM. Keep it up!