This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Search not working?

Started by Jessica Webber, January 15, 2017 · 4 Replies · 74 Views

Jessica Webber

I tried searching for PE2 and got no results.  There are a lot of posts containing "PE2".  Any ideas?

Thanks

Josh Earl
1 hour ago, Jessica Webber said:

I tried searching for PE2 and got no results.  There are a lot of posts containing "PE2".  Any ideas?

Thanks

The search feature has a restriction that forces you to include at least 4 characters or you get zero results. This is common for forums; it's particularly unfortunate in this case. 

Best workaround is searching by the name of the move if it has a full name. 

Jessica Webber

I ended up going through every post, so I'm all set.  But good to know for future use.  Yes, 4 characters is going to be frustrating when searching for an exercise based on the nomenclature used by these programs. Perhaps an admin can drop it to three characters?  Maybe if the first two characters are PE or SE?

 

 

Josh Earl
1 hour ago, Jessica Webber said:

I ended up going through every post, so I'm all set.  But good to know for future use.  Yes, 4 characters is going to be frustrating when searching for an exercise based on the nomenclature used by these programs. Perhaps an admin can drop it to three characters?  Maybe if the first two characters are PE or SE?

 

 

I would love to see the filtering improved. Any chance @Cory Fair?

Everett Carroll

Like Josh said, search for the full name of the exercise, both the name and notation, or get even more specific. I typically search for multiple keywords. We'd like to make the forum more advanced and I know Cory and team will do that as soon as it's possible.