This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE6: Parallel Bar Dip

Started by David Rosenberg, January 15, 2017 · 8 Replies · 118 Views

David Rosenberg

Just looking for some feedback on my dips.  Are they low enough?  Position ok?  Thanks.

 

 

Jon Douglas

Nice shoulder ROM, but keep your head up :)

I prefer to keep the chest quite straight to emphasise the shoulder extension, but this is to be eased into of course.

David Rosenberg

Thanks Jon -- by chest straight, do you mean closer to vertical?

Everett Carroll

Hey David,

Yes, aim to gradually get your torso more perpendicular to the floor. 

David Rosenberg

Since I don't have room to fully extend my legs, I think I'm leaning forward as a counterbalance.  I think I can get more upright if I lift my knees up more towards my chest -- would that be good?

Everett Carroll
22 minutes ago, David Rosenberg said:

I think I can get more upright if I lift my knees up more towards my chest

That's what I do when I'm on short PBars. I always find a better position on taller bars that only require a knee bend at most. Do your best with what you have though. 

David Rosenberg

Got it - will try next time.  Thanks much. 

Suzanna McGee
7 hours ago, David Rosenberg said:

 I think I can get more upright if I lift my knees up more towards my chest -- would that be good?

How about if you do a nice L-sit?  :-) hee hee, look who's talking? I am not even there and making it super hard for you :-D 

Alessandro Mainente

As Stated by Jon I prefer a more vertical trajectory.