This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hurt my shoulder doing xiaopeng backward - advice?

Started by Cameron Williams, January 15, 2017 · 2 Replies · 101 Views

Cameron Williams

I hurt my shoulder doing the xiaopeng backward. I've done this exercise many, many times with 5lb, but this time I was trying to get some extra internal rotation and I felt some tweaks of pain but thought it wasn't bad enough to stop the exercise. This was 3 days ago.. 2 days ago it was a little sore but I still had range of motion. Yesterday it felt "tweaked" and started having ROM limitations. This morning I woke up and I can hardly move it. I have extreme ROM limitation and it's painful to do almost anything with the arm.

Does anyone have advice on what to do here? Is it just a matter of waiting and resting?

Thanks in advance,

Cam

Everett Carroll

Hey Cam,

I suggest seeing a medical professional as soon as you can. They will be able to diagnose you and help you back to health. Moving forward, once the injury is handled, be sure to never train through pain. With mobility and flexibility work especially it is crucial to keep the intensity lower than during strength training. Don't mess with or push through joint pain. If you feel it, stop immediately. 

Cameron Williams

Thanks for the advice Everett... much appreciated. 

Thatll definitely be the lesson for me here - don't train through joint pain!