This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC/PE1 Ring Height??

Started by Wayne Grima, January 14, 2017 · 6 Replies · 199 Views

Wayne Grima

Hi all, What's the ideal ring height for PE1?, for example BOTTOM of rings at the top of shoulders or TOP of the rings

at the  top of shoulder or something else perhaps? I'm just using those two as examples. I find at different height changes

the difficulty of this element. Currently I have the BOTTOM of the rings at the TOP of my shoulder height.

Look forward to what you peoples say. Regards Wayne.

Pauline Taube

Hi Wayne,

The bottom of the rings on top of your shoulders is good :) 

Natawat Thanomsat

I always hang it at waist height.  That's why I struggled with 5x15 sets. T____T  Oh, geez.  Thank you.

Antonio Alías Montoya
14 hours ago, Natawat Thanomsat said:

I always hang it at waist height.  That's why I struggled with 5x15 sets. T____T  Oh, geez.  Thank you.

That s probably PE2 Natawat.

Wayne Grima
On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Natawat Thanomsat said:

I always hang it at waist height.  That's why I struggled with 5x15 sets. T____T  Oh, geez.  Thank you.

Haha definitely not waist height on PE1 on new format...maybe the old PE1.

Natawat Thanomsat

Now's really the time for PE2 for me. :)   Just moved up the progression.

Greg White

I had the bottom of the rings at nipple level. I started out higher but it mean that i was elevating my shoulders too much (up towards ears) and not depressing. I think Alex Maintente advised me to lower the rings and i found nipple level was good to maintain shoulder depression. Each individual may also have to take into consideration the length of your limbs so i'd just say that whatever allows you to maintain a decent angle from the floor (I aimed for 45 degrees at the bottom) and keep shoulders depressed throughout.