This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE4 Vertical Press One

Started by Suzanna McGee, January 13, 2017 · 2 Replies · 114 Views

Suzanna McGee

I am still not fully done with PE3, but I thought if I try something a little bit harder, I will "find" those muscles that I need for a great compression and it will help to make my PE3 prettier.  What should I focus on and correct in my first try of this Vertical Press One? Thank you for your tips and thoughts…  (there is a little edge on my furniture that made my feet stuck a few times… I'll find a better place to do it in the future).

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Suzanna,

Not bad. As you press, you are leaning forward quite a bit. Keep working on keeping your shoulders directly over your hands. You back is also very flat. Think about curling up to a handstand. In a way, it is similar to a Jefferson Curl.

Suzanna McGee
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Suzanna,

Not bad. As you press, you are leaning forward quite a bit. Keep working on keeping your shoulders directly over your hands. You back is also very flat. Think about curling up to a handstand. In a way, it is similar to a Jefferson Curl.

aaaaaaah , the Jefferson curl idea could help me to think how to engage the right muscles, thank you!!! Because I still don't know how to curl up into a handstand, thinking of sort of reverse Jeff-curl could maybe help me. Thank you for these tips, I will work on them today.