This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1/PE1>iM

Started by Stephen Thayer, January 12, 2017 · 6 Replies · 77 Views

Stephen Thayer

I'm not leaning forward very much and I'm not very stable. Anything else that needs attention?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Stephen,

You are doing a pretty good job. Like you said, I would like to see a bit more lean forward. I also recommend dropping a bit of weight, for the time being, so that you can focus on opening the shoulders more and bringing the hands closer together. Once you can do these things, you may add more weight.

Stephen Thayer

Thanks, Jeffery! What do you think is limiting my ability to lean forward? Poor shoulder mobility? Tight lower back?

I'm doing the MS and FS progressions from the stretch series, but I've been intimidated by the TB progression. Looks like I should suck it up and tackle TB :)

Alessandro Mainente

HI Stephen in addition of what Jeff said I would like to the a posterior view of the exercise.

Stephen Thayer

Hi Alessandro. I switch to the posterior view at the end of the video. 

Stephen Thayer
9 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Stephen,

You are doing a pretty good job. Like you said, I would like to see a bit more lean forward. I also recommend dropping a bit of weight, for the time being, so that you can focus on opening the shoulders more and bringing the hands closer together. Once you can do these things, you may add more weight.

I reduced weight, moved my hands closer, and leaned forward more. Any thoughts?

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Stephen,

It looks much better. That is a much better position to build on. Nice work!