This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Soreness

Started by Henning Blom 243536, January 12, 2017 · 2 Replies · 105 Views

Henning Blom 243536

I just have a few questions about soreness from previous workouts in combination of doing these stretch series. :) 

So basically I did a leg workout last night and of course was a bit sore today in my glutes and quads. I did the MS course, and just started to wonder if it was actually good idea or not. The soreness did not get worse, not at all, and it didn't seem to hinder me going into my stretches other than some extra discomfort within the muscles. Is it ok to do these stretch courses while being sore from other workouts? Could it slow down the recovery from a previous workout, or make flexibility gains getting slower? Would it be better to wait a day or two instead with the stretch,and just plan better for best results? This certainly wont be my last time starting a stretch course with some soreness, so it would be good to know how it looks like regarding this, so I can make better planning if needed. :) 

Everett Carroll

Hey Henning,

Like you said, we all get a little sore from training and have to get used to working through our weekly schedule with tired muscles. As long as you're not so sore that you can't stick with your weekly schedule and train as prescribed then you're good to go. Your soreness didn't worsen so you're doing things right. 

Henning Blom 243536

Alright, that is good to know! I will keep that in mind, and will continue to do what I do and at least avoid extreme soreness. The soreness got better over night, so seemingly I didn't make it worse by doing the stretching. :)  

Thank you @Everett Carroll!