This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

July 2017 U.K. Seminar questions

Started by Enzo Vullo, January 11, 2017 · 22 Replies · 373 Views

Enzo Vullo

Hi,

just seen there is going to be a seminar in July in the U.K. which is awesome! I know that attending a seminar can have a dramatic effect on progression.

i have a few questions that hopefully some guys on here maybe able to help me with:

1. Is the seminar limited to a certain number of attendees? If so how many please?

2. How many instructors will be teaching / supporting attendees?

3. Does anyone have any recommendations for hotels close by?

4. I am working through the foundation 1 and handstand course so I have two discount codes - can I use both?

many thanks in advance for your help.

cheers

Enzo

 

 

Briac Roquet

1. Yes, though I don't know how many. It also depends on the size of the facility and I haven't been to the new one yet,

2. Quite a few! Last year, we had Coach Sommer leading, Wesley and all the Forma team, so about 10 people if I don't forget anyone,

3. Best bet is AirBnB, and organising with other forum members. I'm not sure I'll make it this year yet, but if I can I'll open a thread so people can talk about that and organise,

4. Yes, if you check the discount page on your online courses, you have a discount code that works for both.

 

Hope that helps and hope to see you there ;)

Everett Carroll
21 hours ago, Enzo Vullo said:

4. I am working through the foundation 1 and handstand course so I have two discount codes - can I use both?

Yes, use both. Should be seeing you there!

Maria Marklove

I'm all signed up, so I'll be joining you!

Guido Franchetti

So, how suitable is this for a true beginner? By true beginner I mean not just a beginner in GST, but also someone who has started training fairly recently after a long period of not much physical activity. So, without any high level of strength/endurance developed in other sports.

@Alessandro Mainente @Jon Douglas @Everett Carroll maybe have an idea of my level from my form checks.

Everett Carroll

Hey Guido,

The seminar will give your training a huge boost. Level 1 seminars are for anyone and provide TONS of knowledge. You'd benefit tremendously from it Guido. Hope to see you there! 

Briac Roquet
23 minutes ago, Guido Franchetti said:

So, how suitable is this for a true beginner? By true beginner I mean not just a beginner in GST, but also someone who has started training fairly recently after a long period of not much physical activity. So, without any high level of strength/endurance developed in other sports.

@Alessandro Mainente @Jon Douglas @Everett Carroll maybe have an idea of my level from my form checks.

 

I've seen people starting GST but with previous training experience, some with more than other. Didn't see a 'true' beginner but I don't think it would change much. There's a lot of explaining, which has value in and out of itself, and then what we indeed do is loads of mobility and basics, so anyone can do that. In other words, it helps beginners start the right way.

Nuno Duarte

@Guido Franchetti don't worry. I will probably be there and i am a beginner too, so if i am there we can support each other!:P

hope to see you guys there!

Pauline Taube

I have seen some TRUE beginners attending seminars and starting GST. These students often lack BOTH strength and mobility. In these cases GST is actually the best way to start as it addresses both at the very beginning. Instead of only work with strength to develop tightness and imbalances you then need to correct later. From what I've seen from you, you starting off with much more knowledge and fundamental strength than some of the students I've been working with. 

The earlier in your training you do a seminar, the better in my opinion. It will be a huge boost to your training :) 

Jon Douglas

Seminar attendance earlier the better. There are plenty of refinements but it will save you the most time (reading, trial and error...) by starting right.

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi everyone, I was considering about attending the seminar but finally is a little bit out of my bucket. But I feel bad when everyone is saying that is so good and you can take so much advantage of it because I also want to improve so I was thinking about going for one week to one of the GST affiliates and work with them. Do you think one can also learnt a lot from that? I understand that probably a seminar is better but I am also a bit afraid of concentrating all the learning in just 2 days... I am scared I won t take advantage of it or that I won t feel good this day or that will be a huge physical effort for me this 2 days. So that s why I also like about the 1 week option learning quietly. 

I would really appreciate what coaches have to tell me about it now that I can still change my mind. Also reading all the info about the seminar makes me thing: it s really necessary at a begginer level? Can t we learnt properly alone and with forum check form? I don t know... that s a big investment for me and I am really not sure at all.

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Antonio,

I know all of the affiliates, and anyone who has attended a seminar, including all of the highest level GB Athletes/Trainers will agree that nothing beats spending face time with Coach Sommer. If you can learn directly from the creator of the program you are sure to get a TON out of it. This isn't to say that you won't learn a bunch by spending a week with an affiliate but those two days with Coach Sommer pack a punch. I always walk away with a ton of new knowledge, no matter what level seminar I'm at or how much time I spend on the forums. I suggest doing both whenever you have the chance. 

Guido Franchetti

All right, thanks to everyone for the advice - in the end I decided to book my place, so I guess see some of you there :)

Jon Douglas

Ask many questions-- get much detail :)

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Guys, I'm booked in! :) hope to see all of you there!! 

Antonio Alías Montoya
On 11/1/2017 at 8:04 PM, Briac Roquet said:

4. Yes, if you check the discount page on your online courses, you have a discount code that works for both.

 

Hey guys! I have a problem! I was trying to purchase the seminar but when looking at the coupon that works for both courses the amount is only 170 dollars and y paid 99.99 dolars for Handstand and  195 dolars for F1, so it should be 295 dolars. Is there a problem? Is that right? What can I do? I just have few hours more so I d appreciate a fast answer. Thanks!

Briac Roquet
4 hours ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Hey guys! I have a problem! I was trying to purchase the seminar but when looking at the coupon that works for both courses the amount is only 170 dollars and y paid 99.99 dolars for Handstand and  195 dolars for F1, so it should be 295 dolars. Is there a problem? Is that right? What can I do? I just have few hours more so I d appreciate a fast answer. Thanks!

You paid 195$ for F1 because it is now bundled with Pro+. Pro+ is basically the follow-along videos, scheduler, etc. Before that, F1 was cheaper (same price as just buying F2 on its own, for instance) and that's why the discount is like that. Buying a seminar only got you 'normal' F1 and H1 before. Don't know if it's gonna change or what, but that's your reason.

Everett Carroll

Hey Antonio,

The seminar tuition includes the old, cheaper, F1 price which is why the discount is less. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

OK, thanks.

 

Nuno Duarte

Finally i am booked in!!!

Can´t wait to meet you all!!!:)

Nuno Duarte

Hello to all!!!

I am wondering if you could advide me in the following: I have family living in London. Do you thinks it´s practical to stay in London during the weekend seminar and take the train or this isn´t practical at all? thanks for you time!:)

Everett Carroll

Hi Nuno,

That's awesome! You're going to have a blast!

Staying in London would be impractical and may not even be possible. It is quite a ways from London to Stroud. Feel free to message Forma-GB U.K. for accommodation suggestions. 

Nuno Duarte

Thanks Everett, will do!