This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Shoulder problems

Started by Julian Krimmel, January 9, 2017 · 6 Replies · 115 Views

Julian Krimmel

Hello Coach,

thanks for your answer/question.

I am in Foundation 1 HBP PE2 Step5. With the current mobility exercise Xiaopeng Forward I do not have the feeling that the shoulder is instable. However, I noticed that the circle in my right (bad) shoulder is not as smooth as in the left.

Except for the shoulder exercises in the thoracic bridge series, I have done the shoulder disloacte exercise from the public mobility forum regularly, since I feel it might target the problem in my shoulder.

Other than that I would not know which exercises might be helpful. I was thinking about starting the handstand series in the beginning of february, because I am sure it will help strengthen my shoulder. But I thought I would ask for your opinion first and if there are specific exercises that help me target and ultimately solve the problem.

Thanks so much for your help

Julian

Alessandro Mainente

HI Julian well, your situation especially on IM reflects some level of shoulder weakness, especially because xiaopengs are active mobility. can you post a video from a front view of both of your arms?

Julian Krimmel

Hello Allesandro,

here is a dropbox link to the video of me doing the exercise (I hope this form is ok, if not please let me know):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/733vlmj2cczxqn3/Mobility.mp4?dl=0

I am looking forward to your feedback. Just to clarifiy. I can do the exercise and feel comfortable with it. Just on the last 10 degrees of the circle there is something like a small grinding feeling in the right shoulder.

Thanks again

Julian

Everett Carroll

Hi Julian,

I split this conversation to keep F1 material in the correct sub-forum. Thanks for getting the video up. On both arms, it looks as if you are allowing the weight to drift out of line with your shoulder. Work to keep the weight in line. Another tip that may help with the popping in the back is to try and remain in shoulder extension as long as possible. Reach straight back, as far as you can, making a bigger circle. 

Julian Krimmel

Hello Everett,

thanks for the feedback, I will pay closer attention to keeping the weight in line with the shoulder. There is no popping in the shoulder there is only a small almost grinding feeling in the last 10 degrees of the circle. I only have this feeling on my bad right shoulder. The left shoulder feels much smoother and there is not this light grinding (sorry if I dont describe this well enough).

Are there any other exercises that I can do to strengthen my shoulder and to offset the problem I have with certain positions, e.g. thoracic bridge. Coach summer mentioned my rotator cuffs. Do you think they are resposible for the problems I descibed, and if yes how could I rehab this joint?

Thanks again

Julian

Alessandro Mainente

it can be. you should stretch subscapularis and work on L external rotation.

Everett Carroll

Hey Julian,

Specific rehab exercises can be provided by a medical professional. That being said, the TB Stretch Course is excellent for the shoulders and upper back .