This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN Form Check

Started by Natawat Thanomsat, January 11, 2017 · 8 Replies · 170 Views

Natawat Thanomsat

=============================

MN PE1: Tuck-ups

I have a few questions.


1.) I have problems folding my body in, bringing my knees next to my chest (thus the so-called tuck-ups).  The most I could fold in is about a palm-width apart between the knees and chest.  Any recommendations for this one please?

2.) I try extending my spine but it seems like I my neck is projecting forward instead during the tuck.  Are there any cues or progression I need to address to make my neck extend up (with chin in) and not forward during the tuck?

3.) Does the lower back need to be completely flat on the ground (PPT) before each rep to protect the lower back?

4.) I have posterior ankle pain when I try to "point my toes" on the right side.  Any tips please? :)

5.) I'm currently at step 9 now and could do 5x15 with RPE of 8-9, but I'm unsure if my form is healthy enough to contribute to future PE.  Could you please confirm me what I need to correct specifically?

 

Thank you very much! :)
NT

Alessandro Mainente

IN think that your range of motion it is good , the tempo and the form it is good. try to relax in between every reps, the lower back will follow automatically this relaxation.

Before moving on you need to post the IM execution which is very important to move on.

for your feet pain, it is difficult to predict the problem, maybe a physio terapist it is a good solution.

Jonas Berglund

What about the feets, shouldnt they stay off the floor the whole set?

Other than that form looks good to me.

 

Andrew Long

the whole body should touch the ground from what I understand.  so don't let the feet hover off the floor at the bottom of the rep.

Leo Trinidad

Whole body touching the floor is a lot harder than stopping in a hollow hold in my experience. Work on finishing the the exercise with the whole body touching the ground on top of each rep.

Natawat Thanomsat
On 1/11/2017 at 5:45 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

IN think that your range of motion it is good , the tempo and the form it is good. try to relax in between every reps, the lower back will follow automatically this relaxation.

Before moving on you need to post the IM execution which is very important to move on.

for your feet pain, it is difficult to predict the problem, maybe a physio terapist it is a good solution.

Thank you very much for your response.  I'll record the iM (Stiff Leg Windmill) very soon. :)

Natawat Thanomsat

MN PE2: Straddle-ups

I worked on keeping my heels flat on the ground every rep on PE1.  It took me several sessions until I was comfortable to do 5x15, so I moved up to PE2, Straddle-ups.  Here are my forms for a set of 3, front and side view.

1.) I tend to protract my shoulder blades on the way up just to tip my fingers.  Is this okay? 
2.) How wide should the legs be apart and minimum acceptable height?

Much appreciated. :)
 

 

===========================

MN PE2 iM: Jefferson Curl

I'm using very light weight here (5-pound dumbbell) because I used to injured my lower back with 45-pound barbell last November when I was trying to do deep spinal forward fold for yoga class during my first try.

 
 ================

As for the previous iM, Stiff-leg Windmill, I totally forgot to film them.  I'll be filming it right after my workout today. :)

Alessandro Mainente

Exactly some answers before i asked clearly to hold the weight closer to the body until you reach the ankles and then move it forward to reach lower in the stretch. this detail still not exists.

For the PE the height of the legs it is not the same from the front view and also the legs are not held together at the end of everyreps.

Natawat Thanomsat
On 1/21/2017 at 6:44 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Exactly some answers before i asked clearly to hold the weight closer to the body until you reach the ankles and then move it forward to reach lower in the stretch. this detail still not exists.

For the PE the height of the legs it is not the same from the front view and also the legs are not held together at the end of everyreps.

Thank you very much.  I know I tried really hard to keep the feet together at the end of every rep but when I rewatch the video, it's clear that my feet are still a foot apart.  I'll give this another try.

As for Jefferson Curl, I'll keep the weight hung directly towards the ground. :)