Hello. First post. I'm really enjoying foundation one having started it two weeks ago. I moved myself on quickly with the sls elements having undertaken a lot of work previously following a bad knee injury a year and a half ago. Strength and mobility are good. Other elements I am taking more cautiously due to relatively immobile shoulders.
Should I attempt to gain near mastery in all elements of foundation one before moving on to foundation two? If so, what would be tips for programming as I conclude foundation one in some elements but not others.
Thank you.
Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere. At the moment, I am still unfamiliar with the site.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Moving on from foundation one
Started by Liam Brown, January 10, 2017 · 1 Replies · 116 Views
Hi Liam,
Welcome! Glad to hear you are enjoying the course so far. It is totally normal for some elements to progress faster than others. Once all of the progressions from Foundation One in one or more elements (i.e. SLS, SL, FL) are mastered, you should move right into Foundation Two. For example, once you master SLS/PE5, don't wait for other elements to catch up. As soon as you purchase Foundation Two, your Lower Body workout will automatically begin incorporating Foundation Two progressions into your SLS training. This holds true for all of the courses and categories. Once a new course is purchased, the workouts will continue to adjust your programming accordingly. It is never recommended to hold a category back to allow others to catch up as it will all balance out by the time you complete Foundation Four ![]()