This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake Issues

Started by Daniel Miles, January 10, 2017 · 3 Replies · 159 Views

Daniel Miles

Hi all!

Just a few questions regarding some of the pancake drills (Floating pancake, pancake walks etc). So in order to keep APT during the movement I need to be on a 18" Plyo box and 1 and a half yoga blocks (yes i'm that tight!) 

 

IMG_5539.JPG

My Issue is that during some of the movements as i'm so high up I can't touch the floor during the walks or bounces. Also due to the height when I attempt to lock my legs and point toes there is a lot of pressure on the heel area so I feel like thats the limiting area of why I need to stop early. Is this normal and what can I do if I can't touch the floor?

thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

It is fine, the primarily goal it is to sit so that you can hold the back straight at the beginning.

Pauline Taube

As Alessandro mentioned the primarily goal is to keep the back straight. Focus on reaching forward rather than reaching to the ground :) 

Craig Copeland

Daniel:

I'm only using a 17" plyo box for more elevation, so I guess you are winning. ^_^  I had the same problem with heel pressure, so I put a gymnastics mat below my feet.