This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson curls

Started by Kian Ostovar, January 10, 2017 · 1 Replies · 97 Views

Kian Ostovar

I've been working on these for about 4 months 1-2 times per week. I've seen significant improvements in my depth (also thanks in large part to the Front Split series). One issue I think I have on the J curls is stiffness /lack of flexing in my lower and mid back at the bottom of the curl. Is this something that will improve by continuing to do J curls or are there other movements/stretches I should be doing? (I've been doing Foundations 1 along with all three stretch series) 

Any tips are appreciated! 

 

(sorry about the video cutting short on the last rep. I ran out of space on my phone) 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Kian,

You're showing improvement. Awesome job!

As you said, the mid/lower back needs more curl as you do this exercise. As you focus on curling each vertebrae in your back, especially as you reach your mid and lower back, you will slowly improve. You have already made quite an improvement from your last submission that I saw. Also, make sure that you squeeze your knees throughout your set. You are picking up some knee bend as you lower.

Keep working hard!