This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Table - PE2>iM - Elbow pain

Started by Brian Melton, January 9, 2017 · 1 Replies · 85 Views

Brian Melton

Attached is a video of my Table.

This is a particularly painful movement for me, mainly in the elbows, but also the shoulder girdle in general. 

For days that I'm programmed to perform the table for 30s, I am doing a hips down, but off the floor position and holding for as long as I'm able until elbow pain begins, at which point I stop. I've found articles on the forum regarding the table and mentioning to go light on the intensity until the pain subsides. I figured I should post a form video to be sure I'm doing the movement right. Please provide any feedback necessary. I can also provide a video of the substitution of the movement that I am currently doing. 

 

Thank you for any advice,

Brian. 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for sharing your progress. Your table has great range of motion. What I mean by that is your hips are coming up to horizontal and from the angle shoulders are opened. 

Your doing good by not working through pain, that is definitely very important specially with elbow pain. It kinda looks like you hyper extend a bit, could be just the camera angle. Can you post a video from the back so I can she the shoulders and the elbows clearly. 

A little technical tip..... Where is the pressure at in your hands? Yes this does make a difference. If you press the first knuckle down into the floor and have pressure in the fingers this will active the forarms and support the elbow a bit more.