Eccentric Strength Training

Started by Joseph Ingriselli, January 9, 2017 · 1 Replies · 2,069 Views

Joseph Ingriselli

Coach Sommer and Gymnastic Bodies Community,

My name is Joseph Ingriselli and I am a physical therapist and athletic trainer in Connecticut. I am a big fan of the approach utilized here and often utilize many of the movements from the GST foundational work for many of my low back pain patients. I am curious if anyone has any articles or books you recommend for reading on the concepts of eccentric training in terms of increasing strength through an entire range of motion? Any information you have would be helpful and I appreciate your time.

Thanks again,

Joseph Ingriselli, DPT

Everett Carroll

Hey Joseph,

I have found that seminars and the forums are the best educational sources for this. 

I don't have any specific reading suggestions but here is a related thread: