This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Negative Body Lever Straddle

Started by Jin Liu, January 9, 2017 · 5 Replies · 86 Views

Jin Liu

I also started this progression, and would like a form check.

I assume there shouldn't be any pike in the hips? Couldn't really tell from the course video but @Ryan Bailey's video did a good job showing the side view (thanks, Ryan). Also, I hope my back is not too rounded, and is it normal that I feel some burns in the triceps? Thanks!! 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Jin,

You are doing an awesome job! Like you said, it looks like you have a small pike in the hips. Other than that, your form looks great.

I also feel some burning in the triceps occasionally when I do this exercise, but I have found that by adjusting the height and width of my hands slightly, I can find a place where it doesn't burn as much. 

Jin Liu

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner. I'll try straighten the hips more, and experiment different hand positions. I'd better be very creative for that at my gym.. 

Kai Ewert

I don't know, any less of a "pike" in your hips and you would probably be asked to show better PPT...

In any case, these should not be too bad after PE5/6

Jin Liu

Thanks @Kai Ewert. Today i woke up with sore triceps, back, butt and even calves, lol. but belly ok. I guess PE6 prepared some tough belly :P

Alessandro Mainente

HI Jin , until your straddle it is 90° or less you are welcome to show flat hips, if the straddleit is more you need to reduce it a bit.