This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MNPE1+ iM form check

Started by Chris Harvey, January 9, 2017 · 1 Replies · 35 Views

Chris Harvey

 

Hi all,

Please check if my form is good. 

I have few questions:

1. When I do MNPE1, should the lumbar spine be flexed? I heard people say flexing lumbar spine like doing sit up is not good because the it can harm the spine.

2. When I do MNPE1, why do I need to move my hands? What is the purpose?

Thank you all!

 

MNPE1iM Front view 1

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Chris,

For the PE:

-You will be in spinal flexion for this exercise. The spine is meant to both flex and extend. Don't be afraid to move!

-Be sure to let your feet back down to the ground in between each rep. 

-Nice job on the compression aspect. 

For the iM:

-The one needs a little attention. First off, try to match the foot position shown in the exercise video. It is the opposite of your foot position. 

-Reach through your legs. 

-Rotate the weight more as you descend.