This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS1 PE2>iM Form Check

Started by Kim Haag, January 9, 2017 · 6 Replies · 127 Views

Kim Haag

Please can you take a look and comment on my form:

Video PE2

Is there too much flexion in the hips? Otherwise the upper body must be more angeled.

 

For the iM2 is the prerequisite for mastering the mobility part grip shoulder wide apart and elevated to 90° with or without any weight? Did not post a video from the iM part here yet because of missing range of motion.

Thanks

 

Kim Haag

Would appreciate any comments!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Kim,

You are doing a good job. I would like to see more PPT as you hold. To help with this, try squeezing your gluts. Keep working on your stability.

On the iM, the first step is to be able to lift the bar to at least 90 degrees. After you can successfully do this, move the hands closer together until they are no wider than shoulder width apart. Once you can do both of these things simultaneously, it is time to add weight.

Kim Haag

I have been working on the iM2 for almost 7 weeks now and got only minimal progress regarding the grip-width.

For shoulder mobility I do the TB series once a week for now 9 weeks and every day alternating SupineShoulderExtensions and Inverted Cat/Elevated Cat for 120sec.

For the iM I try to depress and retract the scapula blades but only at that width I can elevate to 90° without bending too munch in the spine.

Do you have any suggestions to improve?


LINK    

LINK

Thanks in advance!

 

 

P.S. how can I insert the YouTube Video in the post? The button "Insert other media" doesn^t work for the link...

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Kim,

Now that you are able to extend your arms to shoulder height, bring your hands slightly closer together. Remember that this is not a big adjustment. At first you might only be able to extend the arms to 75-80 degrees with your new width, but keep working and you will see yourself improve.

Kim Haag

Hey Jeffrey,

thanks for your reply, I will continue working! Just wanted to let my form check if there any major mistakes I make on this iM.

Updates on my progress will be posted :)

 

Jeffrey Bittner

@Kim Haag I'm looking forward to seeing your video!