Coach, all,
Quick question about implementing press to HS on rings as part of Iron Cross training.
I feel like I'm almost able to press up --- but there's a point when I'm piking up that my arms start to bend a little and the rings turn in.
In your Cross prep post, you mention step 3:
"XR 1/2 press - During this element, the athlete will press up as high as possible into a half press HS maintaining completely locked elbows and rings turned out at all times. Do not attempt to press higher than it is possible for you to maintain the correct arm/elbow position. Please note that this is an essential element in this progression."
My questions:
1. The logical place to put this would be in Ring Strength Series 3 instead of Press to Shoulderstand?
2. Most importantly, should I treat it like a static hold, i.e. press to the point just before my arms start to bend --- and then hold for time?
best,
jason