This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Wrist Exercises, Proper Form

Started by Evan Donahue, January 9, 2017 · 3 Replies · 171 Views

Evan Donahue

Hi,

I have been doing the handstand exercises for a few weeks, and I am still not entirely sure about what I am trying to do with the PE1 wrist exercises. How much should I be leaning into the wall and how much weight should I be putting on my wrists as resistance? I am particularly confused about where I should be feeling the knuckle walks. Also, should I do all of the wrist walks before all of the knuckle walks, or do I interleave them?

 

Thanks,

Evan

Jon Douglas

Worry about full ROM before worrying about the weight. It really isn't too important as it will be addressed immediately when you move to the floor :) 

At that time, if you need a smaller gap between the progressions, work on leaning at more of an angle

For order I prefer giant sets, doing one set of each then repeating, but there is nothing wrong with straight sets either :)

Lucy Wilkins
On 09/01/2017 at 6:11 AM, Evan Donahue said:

I am particularly confused about where I should be feeling the knuckle walks. 

 

I feel these both in my wrists and across the back of my hands

Tanya Hill

Hi Evan, 

For the Wall Wrist Walk go slow, start by curling in the fingers first making a tight fist then coming up onto the knuckles. Your forearms should be on fire if you are making a tight before you come up onto the knuckles. 

Feel free to share a video anytime.