This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warmup

Started by George Traganidas 235308, January 8, 2017 · 4 Replies · 210 Views

George Traganidas 235308

I have a general question about the Foundation, Stretch and Handstand series courses. My workout plan is the following:

Mon - 15 HIIT run on the treadmill followed by Lower Body Foundation followed by Front Splits.

Tue - Core Foundation followed by Upper Body Foundation followed by Handstand One.

Wed - Handstand One followed by Thoracic Bridge.

Thu - 15 HIIT run on the treadmill followed by Lower Body Foundation followed by Middle Splits.

Fri - Core Foundation followed by Upper Body Foundation followed by Handstand One.

I use the HIIT run as a warm up before the Lower Body Foundation and leg stretch series. Should I be doing any warm up on Tuesday/Friday before the Foundation work or is it ok to just jump in? How about on Wednesday before the Handstand One?

Thanks,

George

Alessandro Mainente

Hi George, it depends on your level, when you are at the first element of a progression then you can jump into it without problem, if you are at the second, third etc you will use the last element mastered as a warm up. for example you've completed tuck up and windmill from MN. you will do 15 reps of tuck up and 30'' windmill each side as a warmup. the warm up consists of all the elements mastered in a row.

Luke Searra

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask us George

PAUL DALY

that seems like a well thought out approach -- better than mine actually. I might steel some of that.

for what it is worth, I kind of question using HIIT as a warm up. I'd want to be warmed up before doing that personally. but whatever works for you obviously.

 

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks