This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 form check

Started by JB Reynolds, January 8, 2017 · 10 Replies · 87 Views

JB Reynolds

I am struggling with this exercise.  I have trouble keeping my legs straight and I don't think my chest comes up far enough.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Link to video

New Link

 

Everett Carroll

Hi JB,

Can you pleased post a video of your MN/PE1 and it's iM in this thread?

JB Reynolds

I just posted a new link in the original post.

Luke Searra

Thank you JB

JB Reynolds

Here is a link to my PE1

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JB, I have some corrections for you:

-your right leg begins the movement before the left, not to much, this means legs which are not together

-stop for a moment at the top

Post also the IM.

Everett Carroll

I suggest returning to PE1 to work on what Alex has suggested. It will help you tremendously when you return back to PE2.

JB Reynolds
14 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

I suggest returning to PE1 to work on what Alex has suggested. It will help you tremendously when you return back to PE2.

Thank you for the feedback. I will move back to PE1.  How are far back do you recommend?  ie what step?

Everett Carroll

Personaly I'd start back with step 1 in order to focus on form since  the brief pause at the top while keeping tempo with the follow along will make these much harder. Try out the new form and use our best judgement; the smileys will quickly adjust you back to the appropriate step. 

Also work to compress as much as possible at the top. You should be actively pulling your legs in. 

I also suggest you post a video of your iM. 

JB Reynolds
19 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Personaly I'd start back with step 1 in order to focus on form since  the brief pause at the top while keeping tempo with the follow along will make these much harder. Try out the new form and use our best judgement; the smileys will quickly adjust you back to the appropriate step. 

Also work to compress as much as possible at the top. You should be actively pulling your legs in. 

I also suggest you post a video of your iM. 

Thanks again for all the help.  Here is the IM

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi JB, well the upper arm must be held straight always and it needs for more internal rotation. the movement must be also to be performed moooore slowly and please next time use a pair of short so that I can say something more about your legs.