This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated Bridge Form Check

Started by Robert Dumbleton, January 8, 2017 · 3 Replies · 114 Views

Robert Dumbleton

Hi There, I am about 3 months into going through all the stretch courses once a week, I have had steady improvement and I notice I am getting a bit deeper every session.

I Started off unable to get into any type of bridge and now can get into this. Still a long way to go but I look forward to continuing.

I would appreciate any form corrections or any advice on what to focus on moving forward, Thanks for your time.

https://youtu.be/2TUNACmi3uk

Everett Carroll

Hey Robert,

For right now focus on elevating your shoulders (your shoulders should be pinching your ears). Think of pressing down into the floor. 

Robert Dumbleton
On 2017-01-09 at 11:22 AM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Robert,

For right now focus on elevating your shoulders (your shoulders should be pinching your ears). Think of pressing down into the floor. 

One thing that videoing myself made me realize was that my elbows were flared out particularly while pushing up. So along with your advice, I am going to try and keep my shoulders more externally rotated while pushing up.

I appreciate the feedback and will continue working on it and post another video in a couple of months.

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Robert, this execution it is "TOO MUCH" for your, some points that reflects my ideas are:

-bend elbows

-arms too wide

-incomplete elevation

Also I suggest to increase the distance of the legs and to move the feet higher until you can correct my previous points.