This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Why a Low carb breakfast?

Started by Benjamin Cipperley Cipperley, January 7, 2017 · 3 Replies · 151 Views

Benjamin Cipperley Cipperley

I am relatively new to the Thrive course and just got Task 5 (Protein for Breakfast).  My question after reading a lot of the forum posts in this topic is where is the low-carb breakfast requirement coming from.  I am still eating a healthy fat and now adding protein (mostly eggs, Greek yogurt, a little bacon on occasions, avocados (when I can get them), and others, but I haven't seen anything until I looked in the forum about low or no carb goals for breakfast.  A lot of these discussions are a little older so did the program change?   I train in the mornings so I try to get some good carbs first thing.

Everett Carroll

Hey Benjamin, 

From what I understand (Jeff will correct me if I'm wrong) pre-workout nutritional advice is going to be covered in Thrive Two. For now, just focus on getting the breakfast basics dialed in. 

Ching Yin Leung

You'll get the explanation in a future lesson with regards to breakfast carb. To complete Thrive 1 you only have to concentrate on adding a good portion of good food. Any recommendations that you undertake beyond that (ie. removing non-optimal food) is a bonus.

Benjamin Cipperley Cipperley

Thanks all.  I am very much looking forward to continuing my journey with Thrive.  Clearly the community shares passion along with wisdom!