This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Regress to Progress HBP/PE3

Started by Scott Siegel 115428, January 7, 2017 · 1 Replies · 88 Views

Scott Siegel 115428

So.. I am learning a lot from this program and not just about mobility & strength.. but about approaching training differently.  Learning to embrace the process and not being afraid to go backwards to move forwards... as frustrating as this may be at times.   To not be so focused on the end game but the current moment.  To sure up the weakness now to pay dividends down the road.  

Long story short - I had no problem banging out 10 parallel dips (HBP/PE6) with good form.  I even started to move on to PE7 single bar dips and they presented a good challenge and i felt i was in the right place.  When is started GB I was already doing dips as part of my program so I naturally started there.  But... I decided to go back through the HBP progressions as I wanted to make sure there were no gaps in my training and bam... PE3.  This movement is so much harder to me than dips.  So... ill be hanging out in pe3-land for a while until i get these bad boys dialed in and come back when I'm ready.

“We are what we repeatedly do. Greatness then, is not an act, but a habit” - Aristotle

Here's the current state of form... feedback welcome. 

 

Everett Carroll

Nice quote Scott. Thanks for that one. Work to protraction even more at the top and keep more PPT. Squeeze your core, glutes, and legs tight throughout the reps.