This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Supine Shoulder Extension

Started by Lucy Wilkins, January 7, 2017 · 8 Replies · 155 Views

Lucy Wilkins

Hi all

just wanted a bit of advice re SSE in the TBS. 

 I can bring my fingers together to touch when I am sitting up, however as soon as I start to walk my hands backwards my hands start to separate. Should I hold the stretch with fingers touching or walk my hands back thus widening my arms?

Suzanna McGee

Try to move your butt forward instead of the hands backwards and see if that works. It helped me to keep them together during the adjustments of my position. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Lucy,

Your fingers should remain together. Don't scoot forward/walk them back unless you can keep them together.

Alessandro Mainente

Suzanna's advice it is an option, you can also wrap a towel around the wrists.

Jason DeFranco

What it if you can't get your fingers together?

Pauline Taube

Hi Jason,

Good question. I suggest hold a towel or a non elastic band as close as you can. This will ensure that your hands won't move further away from each other during the stretch.

Please let us know how it goes and keep us posted about your progress :) 

Antonio Alías Montoya

So, touching your fingers should definetely come first than extension? I wasnt doing that. I was doing a fifty fifty strecht. I am very far from touching my fingers and if I do my best I can t go back at all. Should I work like this then? First the most effort in touching, second extension? I ll post a form check soon.

Antonio Alías Montoya

I ve just tried with a towell. It was a completely different feeling! Much harder. I can t yet touch my finger, but where definetely closer than without the towel.

Pauline Taube

Great to hear Antonio! Yes you'd want to get your fingers to touch. Just work on getting your hands closer gradually :) 

Looking forward to see your shoulder extension!! Feel free to post before/after photos ;)