This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bent knew hollow hold

Started by Mike Ross, January 6, 2017 · 1 Replies · 71 Views

Mike Ross

I am going back and starting the whole F1 all over again.....but I have a key question that probably applies to each hollow movement but particularly the bent knee hollow hold

 

i watched the mobility video and I know u am supposed to draw in my abs ( I pictur myself pretty much sucking in my belly button when I am doing the hollow hold....but how much....I feel like I am sucking in too much.....any extra cues you can break this down to help....if my back is flat do I need to keep sucking in all the way imfeelvlike I trying to fit into a girdle lol

Everett Carroll

Hey Mike,

Rather than thinking of sucking your stomach in, think of dropping your ribs down. Typically if your shoulder blades and feet are just off the floor and your lower back is pressed into the ground, your core  is properly enagaged. Always feel free to post a form check video.