This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake walks middle split series

Started by Leigh Kettle, January 6, 2017 · 4 Replies · 98 Views

Leigh Kettle

I have a question relating to the pancake walks from side to side during the middle split series . 

At present my apt is as such that I need to sit on 2 blocks . This results in me being a little way off the ground.

Now as I begin to walk from left to right and vice versa I can't touch the floor with my hands and need to remain sat upright to maintain my apt.

What is considered the best advice for what I should do with my arms in This situation as I know I must maintain the apt but if I try to touch the floor with my hands during the walk I will hunch over too much and without doubt lose the apt 

Kind regards 

Leigh 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh,

It's best to sit up straight and reach your hands as far in front of you/ towards the ground as possible. Keep ATP and don't worry if you can't  walk your hands along the ground right now. You want "walk" them through the air if you'd like but the focus is on not compromising the back position.

Jason DeFranco

I have the same issue. What is the primary cause of this? A tight lower back?

Everett Carroll

Tight hips. It will improve with time . We focus on ATP here to remove the strain from the lower back and put the stretch on the desired muscles.

Leigh Kettle

Thank you Everett 

I've definitely seen small Improvement in my apt since starting the series so I will continue focusing on this for now then rather than touching the floor . The athletes in the video make it look ridiculously easy . 

Loving the journey tho