This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE2 Form Check

Started by Trevor Lewis, January 6, 2017 · 4 Replies · 44 Views

Trevor Lewis

I've gone back and tried working the compression on tuck ups and am currently there trying to get any improvements I can out of it to improve the compression on both of these but I am nowhere near the level shown by the athlete in the video even though I can do a set of 5x15 at my current level, I just can't seem to eek out anymore with it compression wise. I'm not sure its a lack of strength but I just can't physically push them beyond this point. I've put on some weight since having a new baby and working on thrive and getting back into GST has helped but what else can I do to improve the compression/height of the legs of this exercise?

The stretch series has helped tremendously and when I do these now I often feel a good popping of the sacrum/hips that wasn't always there. So seems like it's opening up as my straddle work has improved but it's still rather pathetic.

Anything with the form that you notice that I can correct and work on would be helpful. Also, should I keep working these at the 5x15 level or go back a step to work on the compression/form in tuck ups?

Also, I sometimes use a rogue infant but my form goes to shit. Thankfully he didn't throw up on me.

@Jeffrey Bittner Thanks for the tip to go back and look at these I hadn't video'd them yet for some reason. Going to make it a habit to do so more regularly from now on.

Everett Carroll

Hey Trevor,

Thanks for submitting! Be sure to keep your knees locked and quads engaged at all times. Also keep working to sit up taller and bring your legs higher. Stay here until your compression improves more. Keep it up!

Chris H

Nice infant Trevor:)

Trevor Lewis

Ok so my focus points will be:

  1. Lock Knees (engage quads)
  2. Sit up taller
  3. Legs Higher

Will do, thanks @Everett Carroll

Trevor Lewis
Just now, Chris H said:

Nice infant Trevor:)

Haha, thanks. He makes for a goodworkout buddy