This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planche leans PE 5, shoulder joint pain

Started by Tor Erik Larsen, January 6, 2017 · 2 Replies · 70 Views

Tor Erik Larsen

Before christmas, I was doing SPL/PE5 on 24 seconds holds. No pain from the actual lean position other than the agony of holding the planche. I used to feel a specific joint pain in both shoulders when taking load off, that is coming back to start position and putting knees to the floor. I could eliminate the joint pain by putting knees down on floor before coming back to start. However, there also used to be an "impingment feeling" in both shoulders quite some time after these workouts.

Restarting the program with 12 seconds lean, I still struggle with the "impingment feeling" after workouts. Any advice?

Everett Carroll

Hey Tor,

It is best to have this looked at by a physio. Until you can get this diagnosed in person, reduce the intensity and/or work on an easier sPL progression. Avoid any movements that cause this sort of pain. 

Tor Erik Larsen

I understand. Thanks for answering Everett :)