Oh wow @Suzanna McGee and @Katherine Zodiaco I got here through pole too! Now I'm also loving the way this program makes me feel. Improving my overall mobility is one of my priorities for this year. I would love to be able to do my splits and a bridge, but I"m making consistency my primary intention and whatever I manage to accomplish will be wonderful. xo
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
What are you trying to accomplish with gymnasticsbodies?
Started by Malcolm Watters, January 5, 2017 · 29 Replies · 1,074 Views
Great Question!
I want to try and live to be 100 years old in great health. I believe GB is great tool at longevity.
I want to be the best version of me possible. Why settle for mediocrity?
I want to see what I can physically do with my body, what's possible, what are my limitations.
I desire to refine and enhance my Martial Arts training in NOGI Jiu Jitsu and Catch Wrestling.
Ray
Week 17: Foundation One
superhuman strength ![]()
I was looking to train on rings as a change from the usual gym stuff, which is how I found it here eventually and got hooked. Now I want to make the best possible of my body and health and get to do all those impressive things such as a planche, which I wouldn't have thought even humanly possible earlier.
I'm a 37 yr old former athlete starting to realize I can't do the things I used to take for granted, so looking for ways to improve mobility without ignoring strength. I too heard of GST from he Tim Ferriss show, and have stared F1. I've ruptured my Achilles (2009) due to really tight hamstrings and calves (I assume) and had several small hamstring tears as well, so mobility needs to be one of my main areas of focus, but I also want to lose weight. I'm 6'7" (hardly the typical gymnast haha) and peaked at 280lbs. While I'm now down to 255lbs, my body fat % is still high at 24% so that is really the main goal for now. I think GST (and hopefully the Thrive program) I the best program to achieve all of my goals.