This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE1

Started by Josh Earl, January 5, 2017 · 7 Replies · 73 Views

Josh Earl

Hey coaches, how are these looking:

 

Spencer Edgren 31976

Good range of motion, try to slow it down a bit I found that it is easier for me to feel my obliques working if I slow it down.  Keep it up!

Everett Carroll

Looks good Josh. 

Josh Earl

Thanks @Spencer Edgren and @Everett Carroll. 

I am having trouble feeling my lats engaging on these and SL/PE2. 

Any tips for that?

(I'll try slowing it down, but I have tried a slower pace in the past.)

Spencer Edgren 31976

What helps me with lats is just thinking about them....sounds so simple and may not work for everyone. Also making sure I am using my pinkies while gripping the weight, fascia from the pinky ties in nicely with the lats. Good luck!

Josh Earl

One thing I'm not clear on: Which side should be firing during the twists?

Say I'm rotating to the right. Should I feel that in my right side, my left side, or both equally?

Everett Carroll
16 hours ago, Josh Earl said:

I am having trouble feeling my lats engaging on these and SL/PE2. 

Depress your shoulders. 

4 hours ago, Josh Earl said:

Say I'm rotating to the right. Should I feel that in my right side, my left side, or both equally?

The right side most likely but if your obliques are tight you may feel a stretch on the left. Your form is looking good though Josh.  

Josh Earl
3 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Depress your shoulders. 

The right side most likely but if your obliques are tight you may feel a stretch on the left. Your form is looking good though Josh.  

Excellent, thanks @Everett Carroll. I am definitely feeling these mostly as a stretch right now. I've moved on to PE2 now, but I'm continuing to do these as warmup. I'll keep upping the weight and working on my form—pretty sure I'll start feeling my lats eventually. :)