This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FLPE1 form check

Started by Chris H, January 5, 2017 · 5 Replies · 73 Views

Chris H

Just want to check if my form is good and is qualified to move up a step. This is a 2 minute FLPE1

I feel my abs are breathing up and down normally. I deliberately not to flex my abs. I also do not deliberately suck in my abs, is that correct?

Also I feel my neck tired after 30-40 seconds? Is that normal? (I have some neck and traps tightness, may due to sitting too much) In the video I move to neck attempt to release tension, but it is not useful

 

 

 

Spencer Edgren 31976

For me, I found that my neck gets tired as a result of compensation because I was originally NOT contracting my abs....so try to contract your core more, definitely want some strong contraction that's where the strength will come from!

Everett Carroll

Hi Chris,

You do want to engage your abs. Also, bring your back a little higher off of the ground so your shoulder blades are just off of the floor.

Chris H

Thank you guys. Can you please clarify "engage" and "contract the abs? Do you mean I should flex my abs? how should I get a feel of it? Also why do I need to lift the back a little higher?

Suzanna McGee
15 minutes ago, Chris H said:

Also why do I need to lift the back a little higher?

To engage the abs. The abs need to work. Like when you are flexing the abs in front of the mirror… only here they will work by lifting your upper body a little bit higher up. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Chris,

Lifting your back a little higher will engage your abs more. As long as you do that and keep your lower back pressed into the floor you will be engaging them properly.