This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Front and middle split back to back

Started by Joshua Michaluk, January 4, 2017 · 5 Replies · 159 Views

Joshua Michaluk

Hello All, 

I have a question on my schedule. So far I have been using the pre-made schedule the program put out for me. I love it, but I am concerned about the fact that is placed my front and middle stretch on back to back days. There probably is a reason for this, maybe they work better that way, but the old meathead in me is having trouble getting around the fact that there are two intense lower body sessions scheduled this way.

Is it ok to follow this routine, or should I spread them out?

I have horrible mobility so I find these sessions pretty taxing, never knew stretching would make me sweat, haha.

Everett Carroll

Hey Joshua,

Since these are stretch sessions and not "meathead" style lower body strength sessions, you should be able to perform these over two consecutive days. I find doing so a great way to regulate the intensity of the sessions. You don't want to be so sore from MS that you can't complete the next day's Lower Body and FS sessions. No matter what degree of flexibility you have, stretch sessions should be kept at a low intensity. 

James Hill

what about doing them together as one session? FS followed by MS?

Joshua Michaluk
8 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Joshua,

Since these are stretch sessions and not "meathead" style lower body strength sessions, you should be able to perform these over two consecutive days. I find doing so a great way to regulate the intensity of the sessions. You don't want to be so sore from MS that you can't complete the next day's Lower Body and FS sessions. No matter what degree of flexibility you have, stretch sessions should be kept at a low intensity. 

Awesome, Thank you very much for the explanation, I will ensure to continue doing the stretches and a low intensity.

Jon Douglas
12 hours ago, James Hill said:

what about doing them together as one session? FS followed by MS?

Not a fan of this. Not tbh a huge fan of them on subsequent days either, would rather switch the second to a bridge stretch, but Everett makes a good point about using it to regulate intensity :)

John Kiggundu
On January 4, 2017 at 11:21 AM, James Hill said:

what about doing them together as one session? FS followed by MS?

You have to ask yourself whether this would be a prudent thing to do long-term...Short-term maybe doable, long-term, no.